My name is William Hewitt. I have been drumming since 2010 and I enjoy all music styles such as rock, pop, jazz, blues and heavy metal.
I drum at about levels 6-8 and I am interested in teaching beginners up to grade 2 drumming.
I have had a lot of drumming experience as I got through to the semi-final of Live and Un-Signed and to the final of Cardiff’s Got Talent with my band, which I was in for 2 years. I am also a Percussionist with Herefordshire Youth Orchestra.
I have been taught by Thunderclap Newman who is a rock star from the 60s and 70s (he sang Something in the Air and also wrote Kung Foo Fighting among many other achievements). I also have persussion lessons at school and play with the school Symphony Orchestra, the school Concert Orchestra and the school Jazz Band.
At home we have a small music studio where I keep my main drum kit – I have another kit in my Bedroom.
I am available for Orchestral Percussion and playing with Rock and Pop Bands. Additionally, I have the studio at home where I can teach drumming to kids of school age.
• Drummer in a young rock band whilst still in Primary school. We got to the semi-finals of the national Live & Unsigned competition and of Cardiff’s Got Talent. We performed at numerous events.
• I was invited to spend a day with the National Youth Orchestra in Birmingham in 2014 and have ambitions to join this orchestra.
• Played solo Timps during Carol service in a packed-out Cathedral in 2014 and at the ABF Carol Concert.
• I am a percussionist with the Hereford Cathedral School Symphony Orchestra; the Concert Band and the Jazz Band.
• I have played at various levels with Encore Entertainment- Herefordshire’s Music Service for four years and attend the Saturday morning rehearsals and perform as a percussionist at their annual concerts.
• I attend the annual music School organised by Encore and HCS every year as a percussionist, and will be attending again this Easter.
• I was invited to join the Herefordshire Youth Orchestra as a percussionist in January this year.
• I am studying Music Theory with my drum teacher; I have private percussion lessons at school and will be joining the music theory classes prior to the Saturday Morning rehearsals from September.